Marrying in church is personal, meaningful, spiritual and beautiful, and weddings are welcome at St Mary's Walkley.
You can marry in our church if one of these applies for you or your partner:
- You have lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months
- You were baptised (christened) in our parish
- You are confirmed and your confirmation was entered in our register of confirmations
- You have at any time regularly gone to normal church services in St Mary's parish church for at least 6 months
- One of your parents, at any time after you were born has lived in the parish for at least 6 months after you were born
- One of your parents has regularly attended St Mary's for a period of at least 6 months
- One of your parents or grandparents was married in the parish
You can find lots of useful information on The Church of England webpages on church weddings.
If you're thinking about having your wedding at St Mary's, please contact us to chat about your special day.