The Parish of St Mary's Walkley is committed to high standards in the safeguarding and care of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Our Safeguarding Officer is Catherine Burchell, who can be contacted by email at email@example.com. St Mary's has adopted the national church Safeguarding Policy and it can be read in full by following this link: Promoting a Safer Church
The safeguarding policy statement is based on five foundations and offers six overarching policy commitments:
• Promoting a safer environment and culture
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Church.
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
Our policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders may be found here: Safeguarding policy on recruitment of ex-offenders